Monday, December 14, 2020

Frustration.

"Let's do dinner tonight!" declared CC.

"OK, where?"

CC named a favourite restaurant of hers. It's always her first choice when she wants dinner or brunch. I'm not a fan, and every time she suggests it, I have to tell her I don't like it. This time was no exception.

"Sigh. OK, well, I'll think about it." CC was being dramatic again.

She offered another suggestion- a nearby gastropub. Might as well give it a go, right? But the instant CC frustration was there immediately. It's why I don't hang out with her as often as I could (or even should).

I named a time. An hour before CC was due, I jumped into the shower. I was drying off when the doorbell rang. Then it rang again. Then my phone went. It was CC. She was 25 minutes early. Sigh.

And while the conversation at dinner flowed reasonably well, I did have to reign her in when she was demanding that I do work to my house and demanding that I go to the gym with her. I've lost track of the amount of times we've had these conversations. I've given her my take on these subject many, many times and yet she still brings them up and expects the outcome to be different. I'm actually surprised I haven't lost my temper with her.

I was very firm with her tonight though.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...