Sunday, July 29, 2018

You gotta work it.

As I've probably posted recently, I need some time off, but since KfW2 moved to her new job, I've taken on the work of two people with imminent deadlines. Actually, the imminent deadlines aren't a new thing - we've been working to frequent, unmissable deadlines from the start of the year.

As a result of the most recent deadline, I had to cut short some time off as hinted by my boss. So it turned out that not only did I cut short my holiday, but I worked about 20% longer than I should have... for the 6th week in a row. My boss has often repeated that he will manage the resourcing issues, but I'm not seeing it and each repetition of this mantra just makes me angrier and hate my job more. He was quick to go and get a status report from Stalky Guy about his projects, but he came nowhere near me to find out if I'd be able to make the deadline that caused me to cut short my time off.

And so, literally an hour before the deadline, there was a meeting. The upshot was that they were pushing out the deadline by a month. With an hour's notice. Had I known that two weeks ago, I could have taken all the time off I wanted and properly recharged the batteries. But, no.

And then there's Stalky Guy's free promotion and pay-rise that will be announced at the end of August, if not before. And, to be honest, KfW2's ongoing gushing about how great her new team is and how she feels guilty about how much time she's taking off in her training period is not helping.

Sigh.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...