Sunday, July 01, 2018

Memories

It was E's birthday yesterday. A milestone one, too. I always think fondly to the times when I used to take her out for her birthday. Regardless of whether it was here, in our home town, or another UK city where she lived, we followed the same routine (her choice):

Out for lunch
Find a nice pub
Drink and chat
Find another pub for dinner
Play pool
Drink
Go home

They were always brilliant days out. Those are behind us now - E's got a family and lives too far away for these to be an option any longer, but the memory of those days brought a smile to my face yesterday.

I only realised that it was a milestone yesterday otherwise I'd have put in some effort to at least send a card, if not an actual gift.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...