Friday, July 13, 2018

Re-charge.

I had big plans for this week. It was my long awaited, and much needed, week off. It should have been longer - I have loads of PTO still to take and some accrued time as well.

Except, due to recent staffing reductions in my team, I can't take the time off. That may be another post entirely, but suffice to say, I'm more than a little pissed off.

I wanted to get out and do stuff rather than be stuck in the house. I think that's been part of my problem this year - I go to work, I come home and sit in front of the telly or the PC. So with my week off and the good weather, I'd hoped to not sit around the house all week.

Well, I mainly failed. Apart from a lunch date with KfW2 and a trip to Ikea yesterday, I've barely left the house. Potentially, I had a dinner date with CC and a few drinks with FP lined up. It looks like I'm meeting FP tomorrow, but dinner with CC has been pushed out to next week. There is also an outside chance that there may be something with GM and SG on Sunday for the World Cup, but that's yet to be confirmed.

Then it's back to work on Monday and a schedule so busy that I am unlikely to be able to take any time off until probably September.

I don't think a week was enough to re-charge the batteries, but it's helped a little. Enough to get me through to September? We'll see.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...