Friday, July 20, 2018

Spontaneity.

Years ago, BW pulled up at my house in his car.

"Let's go!" he said.

"Where?" I asked.

"Dunno, let's see where it takes us!"

BW was no more spontaneous than I was. A few hours later and we pull up to a country pub about 70 miles from where I lived.

I knew that BW was working in this area of the country, so this was no coincidence.

It turns out that he had been seeing the daughter of the landlord on the quiet for a few weeks, though I don't think anyone else knew about it. It was, I had been told, a purely physical thing.

So we sat in the corner and drank. After a couple of pints, BW arranged a B&B for us a few miles away as we were too drunk to go anywhere else. And quite unsurprisingly, the girl in question came into the bar. I think she was due to work that night - it was her normal night, but  this had changed. I don't know if this was pre-planned with BW or not. Regardless, she sat with us and a few of her friends joined us, too.

It was great fun and I had definite chemistry with a tall, dark-haired girl. BW was getting nowhere with his girl.

Eventually, before the night turned into a lock-in, we were kicked out. We decided to walk back to the B&B, to get some fresh air. As we walked up the road, a taxi pulled alongside. It was the cute brunette.

"I'm going your way. I can drop you off."

I clambered into the car beside her, and BW followed.

The cute brunette was stroking my leg. By the time we arrived at the B&B, it was more than my leg.

"Errrr... you go on in," I said. "I'll be back in a little bit."

BW climbed out and didn't hear the brunette whisper to me "No you won't."

She lived another 10 minutes down the road and by the time we pulled up at her place, we were kissing with hands everywhere.

Suffice to say, I had an extremely entertaining evening, and early morning too.

BW was seething on the way home. I managed to get it out of him that he planned the whole thing to sleep with the landlord's daughter. My laughter didn't last long as the alcohol fuelled evening with practically no sleep eventually took its toll and I slept most of the way home. By the time we arrived back at mine a couple of hours later, he still hadn't cheered up.

I don't know what prompted me to remember that, but it entertained me on the bus on the way home from a long week at work.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...