Tuesday, April 05, 2016

Dancing Queen

Around this time last week, SG did something unexpected... she arranged a night out. Well, kinda. She suggested a night out... then went quiet for a few days, even with me prompting for more information.

Finally, on Saturday, she messaged me and started making arrangements. Despite the, in my opinion, relative last minute scramble, we managed to get GM and S interested as well.

I invited everyone around to mine for pre-pub drinks, and to my surprise, everyone turned up! SG was wearing a very foxy red dress that she'd bought a while ago, GM had some new threads on that became the focus for our banter for the night.

We went to one of my favourite bars in the city - it hosts a really great disco and SG wanted to dance. However, it wasn't to be - the club night had been cancelled. We ended up in my second favourite bar in the city - one that KfW2 and myself used to sneak off to. SG pulled me up to dance and I was throwing her around the floor, she kinda popped out. It had been threatening all night, to be honest, so movement on the dancefloor made that a reality.

I pulled her in close so she could fix her while I laughed uproariously. She stumbled back to her seat (she was quite drunk at this stage) and I sat down and continued to laugh at SG.

Then she grabbed me again and dragged me to the bar. Holding my hand, she pulled me close and told me why she had been distant recently. I had suspected that it was the same issue that's been bothering her for a while now and this was indeed the case. Rather than chastise her for backing off, I told her that she simply needed to share more with her friends.

We got turned away from another club for SG being too drunk (she was being drunkenly stubborn at this stage) and the three of them pottered off to a club that I don't like.

I ordered a taxi and came home.

It was nice to get them out. It was nice to see SG socially and get confirmation that I hadn't done anything to offend her, but again, her flakiness is frustrating.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...