Tuesday, April 12, 2016

No pain, no gain.

Today, I re-started my journey to fitness and weight loss. It wasn't a huge first step - literally about ten minutes of stretching out, but I've always been a fan of building up to things. I think the term for is it "kaizen" - it's a collection of a number of ideas, but one of them is that big results come from many small changes accumulated over time.

The ultimate goal will be regular DDP Yoga sessions, some light weight training from a YouTube channel that I think USHW recommended to me a year or so ago and maybe ( just maybe) a Couch 2 5K programme. All of this will be done on top of, I hope, better portion management and generally better eating.

I'm busy, socially, this month, but I'm hoping that May will be a dry month in terms of alcohol that would also help. By the time this month ends, I'll have progressed to some DDP Yoga sessions plus made progress in other areas.

I should have done this a month or so ago to be in better shape for the summer. The last time I did this, I lost about 11 lbs across three months without really cutting out booze, so the results were there to see.

I don't want to step on the scales though. I actually think this is the heaviest I've ever been.

2 comments:

USHW said...

Better late than never, and there's still plenty of time to get some good results before summer.

Go you! :)

BTW, despite a few set backs (giving in too easily) with C25K I got there in the end - did my first 5k with no walk breaks a couple weeks ago. If I can do it...

USHW said...

Oh, and regarding the scales, just do it. Who cares if you're heavier than before. The thing is you're doing something about it now. The scale reading isn't the end of the world nor the only thing that counts but it's a handy point of reference along with other stuff (taking progress pics, or the fit of your clothes, or simply feeling better in yourself).

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...