Friday, April 15, 2016

Pondering.

A semi-impromptu night out during the week for SG's birthday raised more questions about the relationship between SG and GM. Now, they're both grown, single adults, so it's not as if anyone's doing anything wrong, but their whole dynamic just seems weird to me.

They're good friends. I understand that. I have my own, close female friends such as KfW2, so I'm not one of those who automatically assumes something non-platonic is going on between two people simply because one's a boy and one's a girl.

But there seems to be a lot of family days going on - GM out with SG and her daughter. SG spent Xmas at GM's parents. GM paid for four meals during the week (part of which robbed the rest of us of the opportunity to buy SG's dinner - a "tradition" we've started). GM has often cried off nights out in the past because of lack of funds, so spending over £100 in this way shows his priorities. There are other examples of this. SG is the same. Supposed quiet nights in turn out to be her going to GM's, often with her daughter in tow.

Yet... both GM and SG claim to be single, though SG got distressed when I "found" her on Tinder a few weeks ago. She seemed to over-react to what was a simple error.

Would I be as close to KfW2 if she were single? I probably would, but I doubt KfW2 would be spending Xmas at my parents, for example.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...