Sunday, April 17, 2016

Some randomness.

I was due to go to KfW2's last night for drinks and stay over. However, a medical issue of sorts meant it had to be postponed. I'm disappointed of course. I don't spend nearly enough time with KfW2 as I would like (even with her family commitments). I might use this as leverage to see if I can't get her and CH out to the pub. At the very least, a weekend lunch out followed by a couple of hours in a bar or shopping or getting coffee.

As a result of that, I tried to get S out to the pub for a couple of hours. Disappointingly, he read the message I sent, but didn't bother replying. It seems that I am destined to meet people who are appalling at replying to messages. It wouldn't matter if he was unavailable or simply didn't fancy it, but a couple of words reply would be polite!

From the impromptu dinner a few nights ago, I overheard SG talk to GM about a mutual friend of theirs. Apparently SG has ideas about introducing us. I'm all for that. My own friends don't (as far as I am aware) do that enough. The only problem is that it means turning up to a gala, formal dinner. Ignoring the fact that the night before, I am out with FBS, D, Opinionated Guy and Friction Guy and so might not be physically able, I don't like turning up to other people's events. It's their night out, so they should enjoy it plus I don't want to hear them witter on endlessly about their sporting hobby - something that to a lot of them, is a huge part of their life.

To be fair, SG is going about it the right way... don't mention it to me and simply put us together and see what happens. It's what I asked QC1 to do when she was talking about blind dates a few years ago and it's what I do when I am trying to get people together. I simply overheard her talking about it, which is a pity.

And the last thing is that I had a weird dream last night where I ended up dating a girl from work. There were other details - we were living and working in a foreign country - somewhere warm - and then all of a sudden we were dating. Weird. She is cute, though way too young for me and I've never really thought about her in any depth before.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...