Sunday, February 14, 2016

Grrr...

Once again, Sports Girl cries off a night out after a period of Whatsapp silence preceding the announcement. Once my last question had gone unanswered for a few hours, I knew something was up, because we swap a lot of messages, so anytime she's quiet there's usually a reason.

I know when she's regularly unavailable such as her work hours or her week night commitments, but this wasn't during one of these times.

On Friday morning, she announced that she would not be attending our planned Friday night out, but gave no reason. As it turns out, I decided that I wasn't going to go out for two reasons: firstly the plans we had made had changed to something I wasn't interested in and secondly, I hadn't slept well the previous night so was wanting some peace and quiet .

Oh, I guess if I am being honest, SG's absence was also a factor. GM was absent this weekend, so this was a prime chance to see if I could get SG back to mine.

The GM influence is a hugely puzzling thing. I know they're friends and I know they've slept together at least once and I know they're close, but I don't know what their relationship actually is.

I think they're closer than I am with KfW2, for example. It's almost impossible to get SG to visit me, but she's at GM's at least a few times per week.

So, bearing that in mind, I was looking at Friday as an opportunity that was taken away.

This is a pattern that's slowly starting to come to light. Friday was a prime example. NYE was shaping up to be another. The pattern is that if GM doesn't come out (or is unavailable) then SG is unavailable. This wasn't always the case, but has been like this since before Xmas.

This is completely at odds with her assertions that our whole group (GM, S etc.) is very important to her and how comfortable she feels with us.

I don't know if this goes back to the NYE thing, but that in turn doesn't add up to her semi-inviting herself out to a recent night out I had arranged with AM, QC1 etc.

Eventually, SG admitted why she wasn't out on Friday night and it seemed a soft reason not to go out. I believe what she said - at the very least, everything she's said and done (even the weird stuff) seems to have been explained.

Without going into details, something (trivial IMO) was troubling her. I suggested that if it were still an issue the next day, we could go out for a drink and talk it through (or forget about it, whatever she preferred).

We swapped Whatsapp messages all the next day right up until the point where I asked her if she fancied heading out for a beer. Then she went quiet. She was online and active in other conversations, just not our private one on one. She then made contact again, but pointedly didn't answer the question until I bluntly asked her again.

She was too tired.

I don't mind that answer - she was doing physical exercise all day, so it's the truth.

However, this thing she does where she doesn't want to say "no" and goes quiet instead is extremely annoying. I don't like having to force answers out of people.

It's exactly this kind of flakiness that stops her from being girlfriend material. It's this kind of flakiness that tires me out. I can't be bothered putting in the effort on any front any more. Plus this thing where GM has to be there is too annoying to fight through.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...