Sunday, May 04, 2014

Sigh again.

I was out last night with GM and his new woman. I have to say that I really like her. It was actually her invitation through Facebook rather than GM's and we went out to my favourite bar (something that we'd talked about when I first met her a few months ago).

I was looking forward to seeing GM, despite the age difference between us (a smidgen over ten years), we have extremely similar views on all manner of things. I wanted to talk him through the online dating thing and specifically talk about my funk. It hasn't gone away entirely and has been niggling at me at the back of my mind ever since I closed my online dating accounts at the end of April.

We only briefly touched on the subject though - there were lots of people out and GM had to meet his girlfriend's friends. GM said something that surprised me - he'd done online dating for a year and only gotten two dates from it and they were, to directly quote him, "the most awful dates I've ever had".

I didn't get to chat to him about my ongoing/recurring CB frustration, that our paths had crossed, once again, on Match.com or about any of the other half-dozen or so women that really stood out but didn't reply to my messages. CB was mentioned though, simply because there was a girl sitting at a table next to us who looked very much like her. She was constantly surrounded by blokes and by the end of the night neither myself, GM or his girlfriend identified if she was single or not.

So, despite have a great time last night, I still awoke this morning in a bit of a funk. It got worse when I was surfing a property website, doing some rough research for this time next year, when I saw a familiar property - the house FA2 owned when we started dating. It just reminded me of the early days of our relationship - it was the house she lived in when we started dating.

Double whammy - it would be perfect for me - great area, local conveniences, bus routes ,requires practically no work etc. but I'm not in a position to buy until the middle of 2015 (unless I win the lottery).

I think I will try and get GM out this week, if only for a coffee or something. I need to talk to someone about this online dating funk...

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...