Thursday, May 29, 2014

Oh dear.

GM sent a text yesterday. Did I fancy meeting him and his friend for a drink? There was an undercurrent of something I didn't really get, but GM's good company and I've been trying to get him out for age. Also, his friend is someone I've met a few times, we get along pretty well and she's quite cute.

I am trying to lay off the midweek drinking while my fitness regime is ongoing, but this sounded more than just a social drink.

I was right - it wasn't long after I arrived and GM's friend has gone to the bar that he confided that he'd recently split up with his girlfriend. It was his call - he enjoyed her company, but he didn't miss her when they were apart (it was a long-distance thing). There's more to it than this though, I think. He was talking about his current lethargy, he's very hard on himself about the breakup even though it was probably the right thing and he's really disappointed that he's hurt the girl involved.

I'm meant to be meeting FP on Saturday, but I invited GM out as well. He actually seemed pretty keen, so the entire online dating chat plus GB-related frustration might actually, finally, be aired.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...