Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Is a 12 year age difference too much?

As I said in a recent post, KfW2 and I, while spending a lot of time talking to each other, actually swap precious little in the way of personal information. Today, she asked a question. I've said this to many people in the past, and I'll make a point of saying to KfW2 soon: I don't talk about myself a lot, but I'll answer pretty much any question thrown my way.

KfW2 asked, in pretty poor timing, if I thought my physiotherapist was, well, I'm not going to attempt to even repeat the phrase she used, but the upshot of it was "would you consider asking her out?"

The answer was that she was too young surprised KfW2. She seemed to think that men didn't care that a 12 year age difference was important. Maybe not in a one night stand scenario, but it definitely is if I'm looking for anything more. She told me about the father of her kid (he's over ten years older than she) and said that she didn't think it was important, but I'm not sure.

KfW2 added that she thought I looked at least 6 years younger than I actually am, so I've been looking pretty cheerful since I left work.

Oh, and why was the timing of KfW2's question so poor? Well, only because it could have been the start of a decent, meaty conversation, but it all started to happen just as I was powering down my PC and getting ready to leave the building for the evening.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...