Sunday, May 15, 2011

Apathy fades for a few brief seconds

Friday night was a work night out and I managed to spend a lot of time chatting to KfW2. KfW2 and I have been spending a lot of time together recently. I'm still amazed that we are at this stage given that I am convinced (and there was a partial admission from her) that she didn't like me once upon a time. We kind of skirt round each other in terms of actually swapping any personal information, so while we do spend a lot of time talking, we don't know each other all that well.

Friday, I think, might have changed that a bit. Rather than just swap emails and text messages, I think we actually had a proper conversation. Suffice to say, when she went home, there were the inevitable winks and thinly veiled questions. It's all for nothing though. There are many reasons why I wouldn't go anywhere near KfW2 - I work with her, she's not single, she has a kid already and did I mention that I work with her? I know my "don't date work colleagues" is a guideline rather than a rule, but dating someone you sit twelve feet from is completely different to dating someone from an entirely different department.

Also, based on some nagging from DSC tonight, I've logged into my old Plenty of Fish account and sent a few messages to interesting and/or cute looking girls. I predict that I will be back here within three days to report no replies to any of my messages. An admission, it was only partly DSC's nagging that made me log in again. Sitting, having a proper conversation with KfW2 (who's very cute, I think I should also admit), was nice. I can't remember the last time I sat down and got to know someone over a few drinks. I really enjoyed it. That was enough to let this apathy I have for dating sites fade for a bit and drum up some enthusiasm.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...