Thursday, May 05, 2011

Grrr... Part Two.

The house mate thing I'd previously blogged about is partly my own fault. Over the past year or so, I've been the one tidying the house, buying the sundries, getting the gas etc. in. Comments that he might chip in or we create a household fund for washing up liquid, toilet paper etc. have never created any offers of a few quid.

Despite the fact that my house mate's room is spotlessly clean, he rarely lifts a finger elsewhere in the house, which is weird as he has his girlfriend around. If I were regularly inviting my girlfriend to the house to stay over, I'd like to make sure that the house was clean.

So, at the start of this week, my house mate had (deliberately) not topped up the gas card and had left the house without electricity (a 5 min job online) and had owed me money for previous gas and electricity top ups. I owed him money for our Sky TV and the way it all balanced out, if he'd top up the gas, we'd be all square.

It's not the money. He's good for the money, and it's a small enough amount that I could walk away and forget about it. It's about the effort. Taking the time to notice that we're out of washing up liquid and buying a bottle on the way home from work, or the gas has run out and topping up the card on the way home from work or... well, you get the picture.

I'll make a prediction now: we're still out of gas. He's had 48 hours... more, actually, to top up the gas. He'll go home at the weekend, meaning that I'll have to go out and get the gas, take the time to walk the 20 mins to the shop and pay the cash.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...