Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Girl talk

Going back to what DSC was talking about a few weeks ago regarding chemistry/spark. A quick recap is basically, DSC doesn't think spark is required when dating. I think it's vitally important. I was saying that M's fiance's friend is exactly the type of girl I think I should be interested in, but I didn't think there was a spark despite her ticking a lot of boxes. DSC asked if it were possible that friends could develop that spark and I said that I thought they could, but that would be different to going on half a dozen dates and hoping that something develops which is what DSC was advocating. Re: the friends thing... I've done it myself with a few girls in the past - QC1 and QC3 spring to mind as obvious choices, plus a mutual friend of QC2 and AM that I talked myself into being attracted to.

What's the relevance here then? I've recently started seeing a physio about some of my long-term injury problems with a view to getting back to activity in the early summer. She's cute... very cute in fact and appears to tick a lot of boxes - intelligent, similar interests in travel, active etc. There's certainly enough there that, had I met her in the pub, I'd seriously consider asking for her number. So, based on the three meetings we've had so far, I was giving this some serious thought. The one downside that I saw was that I thought she was a bit young. A bit of Facebook investigation (definitely not stalking, oh no) has suggested she easily a dozen years younger than me. That's just too much, sadly. Seven years, maybe, given my age, but a dozen is simply too much. Shame that.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...