Wednesday, March 31, 2010

One down... hopefully not the last.

After a few days of odd, brief bits of contact with The Date, I asked her out again tomorrow night. It's not ideal timing, but there are reasons why it would have to be tomorrow rather than over the weekend.

Again, she didn't pick up, but I got a reply via text a while later, turning me down for plausible reasons. However, there was no option to reschedule for next week, which I was hoping for if she was going to turn me down.

So, I'm stuck, trying to decide if this is a definite 'no' to any further dates or if she really is just unavailable tomorrow night. It's hard to say because she did turn me down for tomorrow night, but most of the other evidence I've seen is that there is/was potential there.

I'm disappointed, of course. She is an intelligent, good-looking woman and I think there was potential there for a second date at least. I'm more disappointed/angry in that getting to this point seems to have taken a lot more work than it really should... but I don't even know what this point is.

I think I'm just going to take the pessimistic attitude that this is it as far as this particular girl is concerned. I might make one last try next week and see if I can get a more definitive answer, and we'll re-evaluate then, but I guess we'll call it quits for now.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...