Wednesday, March 24, 2010

The online dating thang.

I have a date for Saturday night. It's from the dating website and I've been in contact with this girl for a while now. She initiated contact and we've been swapping messages. We've mentioned meeting up a few times, but despite her making the first move, she did seem reluctant to initiate the move from messaging to actually meeting. Interesting.

In the end, I asked if she wanted to meet. It was risk-free, though. I kinda knew she'd say "yes". I'm still unsure about the whole dating etiquette thing... in fact I'm still finding it quite weird and difficult to understand at times. Is it rude of me to ask to meet her when I don't even know if I like her (romantically, that is... she seems fun enough in general and I can see us getting along, even if there's no spark) even though she is quite pretty if her online photos are to be believed.

This time, I'm keeping everything under my hat for a bit and see how this goes. The last time I had a promising date, it was RB and look how that all fell apart spectacularly.

In semi-related news, the two girls I really liked the look of have not replied to my contact, which I'm disappointed about. I have a sneaking suspicion they're not paid up members though and don't know who it is that contacted them.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...