Monday, January 04, 2010

Friends

Sometimes I wonder about people. I was having an IM chat with JB today in work. She was bemoaning the lack of contact from a guy she's been interested in for about two years, but who appears to be completely clueless. I've been very good at offering advice and she's been very quick to use me as a shoulder to cry on (well, maybe not to cry on, but she will moan about him to me). She's not very good at picking up signals the other way though.

I don't have anything to complain about to JB, but there have been a couple of times where, had we been on the opposite side of the conversation, I'd definitely have questions to ask.

Today, for example, JB was asking if I'd gotten RB's mutual friend under the mistletoe over the holidays. I replied in the negative and made a few vague comments about having reasons why not, but the expected questions never materialised. There was another point in the same conversation where I mentioned that the last person I properly clicked with was 18 months ago (RB, naturally), but again, the expected questions never arrived.

I'd definitely have asked the questions of JB though. Maybe I should make sure she realises that if she asks a question, there's a very good chance I'll answer it.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...