Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A proposition.

I met QC1 for lunch today. One of the first things she asked was if I was interested in a blind date with the same girl as before. Funnily enough, was I was browsing through Plenty of Fish a day or so ago, I saw her on the site, so I do know she's looking. I told QC1 that I wasn't really looking right now, but when I was, I'd let her know.

I'm not sure I will though, or at least not under "blind date" circumstances. There's too much pressure for things to go well. Don't get me wrong, there is under proper date circumstances too, but at least by then, you've already spoken to them, kissed them or perhaps even slept with them. Blind dates are completely different.

I think I'll get in touch with QC1 within a week or so and say that I am looking to meet new people, just not like that. I might suggest that if QC1 was out socially with this person and I accidentally bumped into them, then I'd certainly see if there was any spark/attraction. There's also the fact that this girl knows QC1 and a female cousin of mine. My privacy issues are kind of creeping in, despite advice from USHW that I shouldn't be concerned about it.

I guess it's not just the privacy though. I mean, if I were ever lucky enough to get to go on a date with RB again, I'd take it without a doubt even though the privacy would be an issue with the mutual friend co-worker. There must be something more... maybe it's just plain and simple: I know a bit about her and there is no immediate attraction, so I'm struggling for motivation.

It was good seeing QC1 though. I like her a lot and we really don't see each other often enough. As an aside, I still haven't heard from QC2 about heading out for a drink. She's getting tougher to get hold of these days.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...