Sunday, November 08, 2009

A blast from the semi-past

OK, so it's hardly years and years ago, but the RB thing was just over a year ago. Why bring this up now? Well, sitting in the pub on Friday night, this girl from this post, all of a sudden turns to me and tels me that RB is home. RB had taken herself off on a round the world trip earlier this year and, due to circumstances beyond her control, has been forced to come home early. It's still very early days. RB may yet leave again to complete the trip, according to this mutual acquaintance, but it hasn't stopped me having the odd little daydream about it.. about, well hooking up with her again.

Saying that, another work colleague who was out with us on Friday made a mention of RB being a bit odd. I wanted to know more, but didn't want to ask any questions that might indicate that I am interested.

I don't know if I am interested or not, obviously. I'd have to actually meet RB and see what happened, but I certainly wouldn't rule out meeting her. Right now, I wouldn't rule out the possibility. I seem to be friendly enough with the mutual acquaintance, so seeing RB in the pub is fairly likely, should she remain at home for any reasonable length of time.

I don't know if I'm angry at myself or not for even considering it. After all, RB was a bit nuts and her behaviour after our date left a lot to be desired, but she was interesting and cute and it's not as if I've been inundated with decent offers from that bloody dating website.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...