Saturday, October 24, 2009

Gah

After a few weeks of to-ing and fro-ing, QC1 and I managed to sort out a time to meet for a few drinks. It was last night, which boded well for a good few hours of chat and a few drinks, and things were going very well. I explained my employment woes, she told me how she and her husband were getting on and we had a good laugh (nothing about this proposed blind date though). It was really going quite swimmingly... until her husband showed up. Now, this isn't what you think, because me and QC1's husband get along extremely well. The reason that was a bad thing was because a) he wasn't drinking and had the car and b) he had showed up to give QC1 a lift home.

That meant that our entire night out lasted 2 hours. If that's all the time she could spare, we could have done this during the week, as 2 hours is nothing, even on a "school night" and we could have done this weeks or months ago. Don't get me wrong, it was great to see her, but I can't help feeling that she didn't make the most of the situation. Even when I meet up with QC3, which is usually during the week, we spend more than a couple of hours catching up.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...