Sunday, November 29, 2009

The work issue... a step forward?

I had my meeting with my boss’s boss last week, almost six weeks after I really wanted it to happen. There were matters beyond my control though, plus I wanted to get everything sorted in my mind – timelines, what I wanted from the meeting etc.

The meeting lasted just over 30 mins and, typically of me, I only said about 80% of what I wanted. However, I was successful in getting across the general gist of my current problems, namely my unhappiness in my current role, my problems with my manager, my concerns about the lack of support from management and my desire to move onto something I think I am suited to.

I came out of the meeting with conflicting feelings. It was nice to get this stuff off my chest with someone “official” i.e. someone in my direct management chain, but on the other hand, some things that my boss’s boss said in the meeting made me believe that he would probably side with her. I was kind of expecting it, to be honest, but from a strictly logical point of view, I am in the right. He’ll have to go off and investigate, of course, but he said I can expect an answer sometime this week.

I don’t think this is going to end this week though and will play out until the beginning of next year as I think there will be further issues with my year end score (that I don’t trust my boss to score objectively, of course) and will have to contest. Sigh.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...