Monday, November 16, 2009

Mysterious blogger outed!

For years, I've been singing the praises of Belle de Jour, an anonymous blogger who had briefly been a sex worker, for being an entertaining read. There had always been speculation as to whether the Belle de Jour blog was actually real or something else - a writing exercise for a professional writer, for example. It didn't stop me from recommending her blog and lending her books to various (and mostly female if that makes any difference) friends, all of whom seemed to really get into the books. In fact, if you look to your right, you'll see a link to BdJ's blog. Go read it... it's very entertaining.

At one point, BdJ was even a "friend" of mine on Facebook, USHW having asked her to add me as a chum (because I wouldn't do it myself).

Yesterday, though, she outed herself to the Sunday Times as a research scientisty person in Bristol. What this means for the blog or further books remains to be seen, but I wish her all the best in her decision to go public.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...