Monday, April 27, 2009

Goals... one to tick off... more to follow.

I finally managed to move into the new place, only three weeks after signing the lease. Three weeks. *sigh*

The good first impression I had of the place have quickly worn off.

There's nothing immediately wrong with the flatmates... they seem sound enough and I'm only starting to get to know them and another couple of weeks will soon sort the men from the boys. The room itself is great and I've got mostly everything unpacked (except for the library that is my book collection) and my room already feels like home.

The issue is the house in general... none of the lights in the public areas work - hall, landing, living room, kitchen, which is going to play havoc at late-night wandering (luckily I'm right beside the bathroom and am unlikely to be playing sexy Hide and Seek with a female any time soon). There doesn't seem to be a vacuum cleaner, so carpetted areas are a tad dusty and the two guys behave like two guys... vast areas of the house do need a cloth run over them, just to give the place an instant facelift. Also, there's precious little in the way of cooking equipment. One saucepan that I've found so far. That's not going to help my side-goal of expanding my cooking range.

I might leave it a bit before I talk to the land lady, but we'll see what the next few weeks brings.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...