Sunday, October 08, 2023

Taking my time.

I need to start thinking about taking some time off. I already have a week booked off for Christmas. But, with only two and a bit months left in the year, I still have thirteen days of annual leave to take, plus about two or three days of accrued TOIL (time off in lieu). So three working weeks, in total, of time off to take.

I think I'll start by taking the TOIL over the next few weeks. I'll take the next two Fridays and enjoy long weekends, even if I rarely leave the house.

The actual annual leave is another matter. I have enough time that I could easily work a 4-day week from now until 2024. But I don't know if I want to do that. I can't really justify taking a week off for nothing, though. At least, not in the winter. In the summer, I can easily spend time in the garden, when the weather's nice, just listening to music, reading a book and chilling. That does a great job of recharging the batteries.

But in the winter? 

Long gone are the days when KfW2 and I would hit the Christmas market for a day of drinking. I'd still be up for that, but KfW2 has a family and no annual leave left. But that would only be two days anyway - the day itself and a recovery day.

It's a nice problem to have. Frustrating, but nice.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...