Tuesday, August 29, 2023

What could have been?

Facebook reminded me that it was the ninth anniversary of a night out I had with CH, which ended with her sending a series of drunk, but sweet, messages explaining how much she valued my friendship, my advice and all that.

If I recall correctly, which isn't a given these days, she sat on my knee in the pub with my co-workers and bantered away with them while her usual surreptitious touching went on.

Ironically, despite her personal, serious messages, this was probably the beginning of the end as far as our close friendship was concerned. It started tying the threads together around how much I wasn't getting from our supposed friendship. It's something I was always aware of, but it didn't really register, if that makes sense.

Lust, ogling a great rack and having a cute/sexy woman seemingly be into me is all well and good, but her flakiness around social engagements and my inability to get her alone to discuss anything I had going on were always frustrating. And from my perspective, it was a one-sided friendship that the text messages made me realise.

But it was this night, or the subsequent text messages to be more accurate, that it actually became a problem. And it was her forthright/heartfelt text messages that emboldened me to eventually confront her with my own frustrations, which led to our falling out.

I still see her pop up on my Facebook feed on a semi-regular basis. She still doesn't seem to have any male friends. She still has a nice rack though, and there are times I do miss her.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...