Friday, October 07, 2022

Looking up.

I had a chat with my boss today. I meant to do it yesterday, while we were in the office, but I was too busy networking with my teammates given our limited face-to-face time. Plus, I was semi-distracted by the tall, cute girl clearly giving me the eye.

Anyway, I managed to get a meeting with my manager for ten minutes today. We talked about something that I'd raised months ago: a pay rise. I'd assumed that it was taking so long to get a reply because the news was bad, but it's not. It's not good news either. Our HR department wants more information, so we have to create a business case. I thought I'd done that already, but there you go. it's still taking the piss that it's taken THREE MONTHS to get to this stage.

So, I've booked in some time with my manager to draw up a business case to give to HR, and who knows? Maybe I will get the pay rise that I'm looking for, albeit four months later than I'd have liked.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...