Tuesday, October 11, 2022

"lol"

On my way to meet Nerdy Girl for a walk last night, I sent a message to KfW2.

"Are you in the office tomorrow? If you are, I'm going to be in town, shopping. Wanna grab a coffee or lunch?"

I had been planning on getting into town early, doing what I need to do, and then coming home to chill. But if KfW2 was available, then leaving it a little later was worth the price.

To be honest, I knew there was a good chance she might be in the office. She did share with me a little while ago that Mondays or Tuesdays were her potential "in-the-office" days.

She replied that she was going to be in the office and that she was looking forward to seeing me. And off I went to meet Nerdy Girl.

Nerdy Girl had injured her back, so we popped off to get coffee instead of our usual walk. It was a great chat. KfW2 phoned as we were finishing up. I didn't answer the call, but I sent her a quick message.

"I'm out with someone at the moment, I'll call you in an hour or so."

Nerdy Girl and I said our farewells and I trundled off home. I called KfW2. She never answered. That's fairly typical of her, though. And I wasn't that concerned. After all, I was meeting her for lunch, and we've only seen each other twice so far this year, I think. So, yeah, not picking up wasn't a big thing, but I was looking forward to the coffee or lunch or whatever it is we were going to be doing.

So, this morning, I got out of bed, showered, did some chores and left the house at 11 AM. I fired off a quick message just before I left.

"What do you want to do?"

90 minutes later, a reply finally comes through:

"I didn't go into the office today lol"

The 'lol' angered me. She could have sent me a message at 9 AM letting me know. I could have gone into town hours earlier and been back chilling in front of the TV by lunchtime and avoided the lunchtime crowds. It implies a... lack of seriousness? A jokey thing that means little. It's flippant and fucking rude is what it is, in my opinion.

So, no lunch. No coffee. No catching up with KfW2 and trying to arrange a night out. I sent a reply saying that I was disappointed, and she did at least apologise, but it doesn't stop it from being a frustrating day.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...