Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Funny how.

I was going to make a post about how, one time, a taxi driver was incredulous that E and I weren't an item. this would have happened a few weeks before she left the country. Then I realised two things: first of all, I'm pretty sure I've posted about this before, so I won't repeat myself. Secondly that it's not the first time someone has confused my relationship with someone else.

An ex-colleague (we never really worked together, but our company is social so I'm on 'head nodding' terms with hundreds of people) approached me in a bar one night and asked how long KfW2 and I had been married. She was at the bar at the time, hence his inquisitiveness.

Finally, a schoolfriend of mine asked G how long I'd been dating a girl I had a massive crush on. I've posted about this girl before - destined to leave and go travel and live elsewhere and was mature beyond her years. And I did have a massive crush on her, and we were friends and I probably was spending a noticeable amount of time hanging out with her, hoping to see something that would indicate the attraction was mutual. It wasn't, though. But at least I can understand this one. The two above are mysteries.

There was also the fact that CH's friends, and maybe even CH herself, thought I was trying it on with her when we first got introduced. They told me as much, one night, when we were out for a work thing. But that always confused me because, in the early days, there was nothing to be suspicious about, and when we did get to the ambiguous touching etc, it was a two way street (and mainly coming from CH, and she started it). So I found it funny that OK, MFF and CH were admitting that they initially thought I was trying to get into CH's underwear, only to change their minds after seeing no evidence, when CH would regularly grab my ass surreptitiously or linger on a kiss just a fraction longer than you'd expect. 

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...