Thursday, July 22, 2021

Frustration.

I've always suggested that my catchment area, for online dating, is small. Even in real life, six degrees of separation? Hah! Someone always knows someone where I live.

I've posted before about coincidences, so that shouldn't be a surprise. The frequency of them might be, though.

I was at my sister's house earlier when my bro-in-law started talking about a girl. He looked at my sis.

"You know the girl who..." then described her profession, then her name.

I know her. Well, not "know" per se. I'd seen her on Tinder and she has a distinctive name.  I think I once suggested to USHW that I would like her for Xmas shortly after I'd swiped right. What's not to like? Cute, great figure, brunette, successful.

My bro-in-law showed me a pic. It was the same girl.

"Yeah, I know her."

"Oh? Where from?"

"Tinder"

"She was on Tinder?"

"A few years ago, yeah."

We chuckled at the small world we live in and moved on. No-one asked me if I'd swiped right on her. Did they assume I did?

Half an hour later, my sis is talking about a uni friend.

"I think I know who you're talking about," I said.

"She's not changed since uni," bemoaned my sister, referencing her looks.

She surfed Facebook. Sure enough, it was cute uni friend.

"I've seen her recently," I admitted.

"Where?" asked my sis.

I smiled.

My sis and bro-in-law looked confused. I thought the logical leap was simple. They clearly didn't.

"Oh, Tinder! I though you'd have assumed that." I said.

Then my sister started talking about how... I wanna say eccentric... she was. I don't think that's the right word to use, but it seems to fit this story.

Again, they didn't ask if I'd swiped right. Would it have made any difference?  (I did, FTR, every time she popped up).

Like CB and MFF from ages ago, contact with a cute girl, is so near yet so far. I don't think my sis is close enough or in contact enough with cute uni friend for there to be any kind of introduction via my sister.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...