Monday, August 21, 2017

Sigh. Here we go again. (Again)

As I had guessed from this post, the comments from my "proper" boss have come in and they feel very "made up" to me. That's not to say that there aren't seeds of truth in there - I'm not going to pretend to be the world's greatest employee. I have had a couple of issues this year, but I would maintain that there are extenuating circumstances that should absolve me of most of the blame and show that it's not just plain carelessness. There are also a couple of things that he's credited to me that are simply incorrect and are not my fault or responsibility.

There are a couple of other things mentioned that are, in my opinion, differences of opinion, rather than me doing anything wrong per se. He's angry because I don't do things his way rather than me not following any official process.

None of this should reflect the numerical score that he's provided. I've forwarded his comments on to my immediate managers for reference and will be following up with my "proper" boss after I come back from a few days of well-earned annual leave. The problem with subjective criticism is that it can't really be proven wrong except in some instances, but his lack of objective marking should be held against him.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...