Sunday, January 17, 2016

Updates and the end of the line?

Friday saw our regular night out resumed - GM, Sports Girl and a plan in place to hit a couple of our favourite bars. SG mentioned dancing. She wanted to dance.

GM was being his typical, indecisive self. He didn't know if he'd come out, though I knew better than that. SG would talk him into it.

I was right, SG turned up with GM in tow. That's neither a good or bad thing, but I had hoped that SG would be on her own. We've had some decent conversations recently, but nothing in person - it's all been via text message. I wanted to see if we could sit and have a conversation, face to face, over a drink.

And I wanted to try and gauge the interest levels - while I've not really been encouraged by the signs recently, I am still trying to figure out if a friends with benefits thing is viable.

That's all hard to do when there are others there and the focus is more on fun than anything else.

Beyond SG being a lot more tactile than I remember her being in recent times, there's not an awful lot to report about the night. We didn't get to hit all of the bars we wanted to and there was no dancing.

Last night, I suggested that SG came over to mine for a few drinks partly simply for some company (I was feeling a little lonely) and partly to address the topics I wanted to talk about the previous night. She turned it down but quickly suggested we hit the town again.

I wasn't really in the mood for it, but it was an opportunity to spend some time with SG. I got ready and watched the TV with a beer... and another beer... and another beer.

Eventually I asked her what she was up to. She replied that she'd gone out of town to meet with a guy she'd previously dated and then threw out the comment that she needed to date again. My comment about being annoyed at her was semi-ignored and the dating comment could potentially rule out the physical thing I was looking for.

This annoyed me - she had implied she was going out, with me. It didn't bother me she was seeing an old boyfriend, but it annoyed me that I had eventually come around to the idea of going out and was looking forward to it, only for her to be doing something completely different and not telling me. Regardless of whether it's a friend, a romantic partner or family, reliability is a trait I very much value. This kind of flighty, random nonsense annoys me. CH pulled something similar a while back that frustrated and annoyed me immensely at the time.

But it's given me something else to talk to SG about. She says she needs to date again, but recent conversations have indicated she doesn't like dating and that she's not ready for a serious relationship. She's a good looking, sexy woman. She'll get plenty of offers if she signs up to dating sites (again).

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...