Saturday, January 02, 2016

Let's get physical

No matter how I think things are planned, I seem to spend the majority of New Year's Eve stressed out. This one was no different. I was chasing GM and SG to see if they were coming out with myself, S and his crew. Eventually, they both confirmed that they were. Of course, I had a vested interest in getting SG out, but GM is good company too.

A number of times, I invited everyone to mine for pre-pub drinks which got a favourable response but crucially, no one actually stated outright that they'd come over. I was having some banter with SG about putting on a dress, which she agreed to (I think she secretly wanted to anyway, but she's one of those women that looks good in a dress or jeans). Then I tried to get her to leave the car at home and drink. The latter was more to do with my ulterior motive of scoping out the possibility of getting her into bed than simply a desire to see her drink.

But, it all came together... late as usual. When we hit the bar, SG said that she'd turned up at GM's house at 6 PM as she thought they were then coming across to mine. For some reason, this last part never happened and they ended up spending time with GM's lodger. The annoying part was that they never communicated this to me and I had to find out where they were.

But, SG had been talked into drinking by GM and the night got off to a good start. SG had gotten dressed up and looked stunning in a strappy, figure-hugging dress. I followed her upstairs from the bar to the club, admiring the view and how it all moved.

I had planned to initiate a kiss at midnight, but she never presented herself with a kiss on the lips. I settled for a kiss on the cheek and a long, lingering hug. From then on, the night was a bit of a blur. SG led me, by the hand, to the dance floor where we danced for a few songs. When I suggested going for a smoke, she led me by the hand, to the smoking area. In between times, she was inseparable from GM. It had been suggested to me that perhaps she and GM still had a thing going on, but NYE put paid to that. GM's eye was wandering and he got chatting to a few women. SG didn't really mind and was chatting to me when all this was happening.

We were at the bar, late on, when SG tried to tell me something. I can't remember the details, but apparently, someone had mentioned something about how we held each other. I tried to probe for details but SG wasn't in a position to explain. While my intentions may be less than honourable, I've never actually been inappropriate with SG. Any physical contact is strictly above board and usually only when we're dancing (apart from the odd hug).

I asked her about it earlier today, but she can't remember. Or so she claims. She was pretty toasted by the end of the night, so I have no reason not to believe her. Her chat with me, yesterday and today, has been no different than usual. Whatever it was that was bothering her, I don't think it's that big a deal otherwise we'd have talked. It's entirely possible that whoever brought up the topic, only said to her on NYE itself, so the blackout means she can't even remember someone talking to her about this perceived issue in the first place.

I think the problem is that she appears to be more interested in me when it's only the two of us and when others are out, she dials it in. That was certainly the case on Thursday night (and a few other, recent nights out). Maybe, if I am going to try it on or cover this potential issue, I'll need to do it when no one else is around.

It wasn't the end to the year I was hoping for, but I have reason enough to feel positive about 2016 which I will address in my usual goal-setting post in a few days.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...