Wednesday, January 06, 2016

Knowing me, knowing you.

Things have taken an interesting turn with Sports Girl. Neither bad nor good (possibly slightly good) but definitely interesting.

It started, as it usually does, with a question.

"How long have you been single?"

I answered, and it kinda took off from there. I didn't get a chance to say the things I wanted to say - to steer the conversation towards dating in general, what SG is looking for, maybe get her views on casual sex because, off the back of briefly talking about dating, she was telling me about a guy she'd met a couple of times and was being a bit full-on. Seemingly, this was the only guy she met last year. I'd thought she'd met a few people (and I don't mean that to sound nasty or anything... I just seem to recall she met up with us after a couple of dates).

We talked about NYE - she was very drunk and can't remember the end of the evening, which has stopped any further probing about her admission.

The following day, we touched on her personal circumstances. I know about her kids, but wasn't entirely sure about the exact details. She explained them to me in great detail and it's not brilliant, to be honest. There are custody disagreements that could have HUGE life changing influences on SG if they go ahead.

We chatted further, but in the course of about 36 hours, we'd had a more personal conversation than we'd ever had. We've dripped bits and pieces of information about ourselves, but this was quite direct (and admittedly, she was saying much more than I was). I don't want to use the word "enjoy" with regards to the conversations, but I've often posted here about not getting enough meaningful conversations with some people. The crowd of GM, SG, S etc. is mainly banter and less about getting personal (ignoring the infrequent and all-too-rare GM chats), so I liked that I was able to get to know SG a little better, and I hope we can have more conversations like this in future.

The family revelation stuff had another effect - it made a few other recent things make sense that were inexplicable at the time.

SG is still not dating material, but she is very forthright about who she is, and from what I've seen so far, she is exactly what she claims to be. I just want to get her naked to see all of her tattoos.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...