Monday, May 11, 2015

Things that make you go "Hmmm..."

KfW2 and I left the office for lunch. It was a bright, sunny day and I was looking forward to getting some fresh air. As we left the building, we bumped into CH. CH has not seen KfW2 for a few months now, but KfW2 is fully aware of my confusion regarding CH. Confusion in that I don't know why she's avoiding me, not any other kind of confusion.

KfW2 stopped for a chat. They spoke for a few minutes and then we walked on, parting ways. During that time, CH hadn't looked at me, spoke to me and had been standing almost with her back to me.

"That was weird!", proclaimed KfW2.

"What was? Or rather, did you see what I saw?" I asked.

KfW2 repeated the stuff I'd noticed by myself and added that she didn't even think that CH was going to stop to talk.

We nearly bumped into CH again on our way to meet CC for coffee. Once again, KfW2 spotted something that she thought was weird - a supposed look that CH gave KfW2.

"I'm going to ask her about that", decided KfW2.

They swapped more chat over instant messenger after coffee, but at leaving time, KfW2 wasn't saying anything. I wasn't asking either, and I don't know if KfW2 asked the question.

While I've stopped thinking about CH altogether, it was hugely deflating to see her behave this way. This is more than just a drifting apart or CH not being as good a friend as I would like. There's very obviously more to it than she's admitted or going to admit, but I am left in the dark. KfW2 knows that I am really clueless over this and that it's hugely annoying (especially if it transpires that it's something I have said/done and could have fixed).

To add insult to injury, CH has spoken more to KfW2 today than I have since Xmas.

About the only other thing she could possibly do now to ram her point home (whatever her point is) is to delete me from Facebook.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...