Saturday, May 23, 2015

Last minute meet up.

It wasn't exactly last-minute, but there was only a few days notice between the latest text message and a big night out with Friction Guy, Opinionated Guy and D. FBS was unable to attend because it was so short notice. But, it was a good night regardless. Rarely does anything major happen, but it's still nice to meet up and see how we're all doing.

There have been some worthy things of note since we all last met up - deaths, illnesses, marriages and some big personal projects as well, and these were all covered over the course of the night.

KfW2 was mentioned because Friction Guy spotted us out a few weeks ago, but hadn't come over to say "hello", so there was lots of questions about whether or not I was on a date. I mentioned the "friends" angle, but I had said the same thing about FBS and QC3 (we were all part of the same circle at one point), even though, without my knowledge, FBS had admitted to sleeping with me and QC3 had admitted a huge crush that she didn't act upon.

Still, later a young woman came over and asked to blag a cigarette. I gave her one of D's and we (myself and Opinionated Guy) chatted to her for a bit. Later, as D and Friction Guy were at the bar, she came back and I gave her one of mine. Again, we chatted for a bit, then it was time to leave.

Opinionated Guy was adamant that we should stay.

"Ruuude's practically pulled there!" he declared.

I'm not entirely sure I agree. She was cute, I'll give her that, but in her mid-twenties, I'm not sure what would have happened (my age never came up) and I was in that drunk state where I really couldn't be bothered putting in any effort and the notion of going home had embedded itself into my head.

"Nah, it's OK. Time to call it quits" I said. I had work the next day and it was already late.

Still... it'll give them something to talk about the next time we meet up.

1 comment:

USHW said...

Cute girl. Seemingly interested. You go home, alone.

FFS!

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...