Sunday, February 01, 2015

Thinking time.

After the CB revelation and the ongoing CH funk, the desire to get out and meet new people has been reignited. I've no idea how I'm going to do that, though. The obvious answer is to get out to the pub and instead of having fun with friends, I should perhaps go out with the express intention of meeting people. I've never really done that though, but I'll put it out there with GM to see what happens.

I think, as well, that I'll dip back into online dating. I can't just steam in and do the same thing again though  - as has been proved in the past, that's just going to lead to disappointment. As above, I have to figure out some way of doing things differently. Maybe the solution is not to try as hard - just throw a couple of profiles out there and see if they attract interest rather than be hugely pro-active like I've done previously.

However, GM hasn't been as available as I would have liked, especially since we had our chat in the latter stage of last year. I would have thought that opening up to him would have helped him understand my need to get out socially, but it hasn't really.

We had a work night out on Friday. I was with Stalky Guy. It was good fun, though the cute women I had hoped would be out weren't there and we stayed in the one bar all night, so there was little opportunity to meet new people. Out of the blue, Stalky Guy spoke about a friend of mine, an ex-colleague and a friend of MM. Someone who, if there'd been any interest from her end, I'd have easily disregarded my "no co-workers" guideline. He was being extremely complimentary about her. And, sadly, while the night itself was good fun, that was probably the most memorable part of it.

I have tonight to look forward to - drinking and having fun with D and Opinionated Guy. Tomorrow is a day off (though I could potentially be meeting CH if I get round to sending a text message this afternoon). Later this week I have a night out with KfW2 that we've been meaning to have for months and another lazy day off. So, some stuff to look forward to, but I need to give some thought to meeting people and how to do online dating again.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...