Monday, February 02, 2015

Here we go again...

The CB thing has really had an effect. My past frustrations with online dating have been overshadowed by all the emotions generated by last week's CB revelation and I'm going to give it another go. My Match.com profile is now set up and live. I'm planning on adding an OK Cupid account (I have one already that's dormant) and Plenty of Fish (also dormant). The timeline here is three months because that's how long I've paid up to Match.com for.

Unlike last time, I'm going to try and not shut down all the accounts when my activity has ended, just in case someone sees the profile and wants to get in touch. That's assuming I'm not successful before then and that women are more pro-active this year.

First impressions are not good. I've explained before that I live in a small catchment area, so I'm already dealing with a reduced number of potential matches, and I'm not seeing a lot of profiles that are exciting me. As an aside, CB's profile is still there and still active... but she's updated her location to London. That's not stopped her profile from appearing in my "near me" searches though, just to rub it in.

I'll reactivate the other profiles tomorrow and complete them with details and photos and then see where this is going to take us this time around.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...