Friday, June 27, 2014

Last minute things.

A few days ago CC text me and asked me to go out tonight with her to a local-ish pub that serves food. As much as I like CC, I can't sit with someone whose only topic of conversation is themselves, so I declined citing "possible plans". That's not a complete lie - at the time, I had thought that I might get out to the same pub as CH and see how things went, but that's was ruled out last night.

Instead, KfW2 sent a text late last night and asked if she could tag along if I was going to the pub. I didn't realise that she'd also sent it to CC, but I replied in the affirmative.

I wasn't planning on it, but as it turned out to be a nice night here, I thought that I might as well.

I was sat in the bar with CC for almost an hour before KfW2 turned up with her husband and we spent a few enjoyable hours talking rubbish about all sorts of things. Eventually, KfW2 made it clear she wanted to move on, so we left. KfW's husband was meeting a friend of his at another bar, CC was going home, so KfW2 asked if I wanted to go for something to eat.

I replied positively, partly because I wanted to stay out longer and KfW2 is always good company and partly because I was only going to go home and order a takeaway anyway.

We found a nice looking place and sat for a few hours, chatting away about nothing in particular (though CC's self-centeredness might have been mentioned) and generally chilling out before her husband called her and asked for a lift home (less than two hours after meeting his friend in the pub).

An unexpected, but otherwise enjoyable start to what is going to be a quiet weekend.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...