Saturday, June 21, 2014

Excuses, excuses.

I was out with MfW last night for a few beers and some World Cup. Unexpectedly, the conversation took a semi-serious turn and we ended up talking about FNG (I see problems arising there in the next month or so) and my love life.

MfW was asking questions. I didn't want to tell him about the whole CB and on/off funk, but I did tell him that I went through moods between being single not bothering me and actually wanting to meet someone seriously. That was, according to MfW, an "excuse". An excuse for what, I don't know because he wasn't able to tell me. That's part of MfW's problem - he often has strong ideas which he is not afraid to vocalise - but often cannot explain why he has the point of view that he does.

With that in mind, I got the subject off my love life and onto other things such as FNG's inability to close a door quietly and the upcoming, expected troubles.

FNG doesn't want to sign a lease for a year when ours is due renewal in August. I do, because I've had plans in progress for the past few years that will all come to a head next summer and a year long lease ties into that quite well. I think MfW wants to sign for a year, so we might be asking FNG to leave. I certainly don't want to be looking for a new housemate in February with the potential that the landlords will get sick of us only signing 6-month leases and demand a 12 month lease at that time which really screws with my own plans.

Oh, and MfW has some cheek complaining about FNG's door closing abilities when his own are probably the poorest in the house.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...