Friday, August 23, 2013

"...and they all didn't really come to any conclusion. The End"

Over lunch, KfW2 and I continued the conversation that we've been having on and off all week. I don't know that much progress was made. We talked a little more about my online dating experiences from a few years ago, about Date No. 1 (KfW2 asked for a physical description) and suggested revisiting the online dating idea. I immediately rejected it saying that the experience had really dented my confidence and it wasn't something I was ever in a rush to repeat.

KfW2's argument was that more and more people are doing it these days, that it gets more legitimate as time goes on and I have no arguments on that one, but the mechanics are still the same and while that continues to be the case, I don't think I'll be getting involved again.

Sadly, with that, the conversation seemed to run its course. We briefly talked about the last times I'd chatted to someone that I'd been genuinely interested in, about closing the deal (getting phone numbers etc.) but the only thing that KfW2 could come up with was that I had to start approaching people like CB when I saw them and that it was actually imperative that I did, especially when I don't often find people who interest me in the same way that CB did/does. (KfW2 knows about CB, but nothing about the whole GB thing or how frustrated I was with her and how interested I still would be in meeting her.)

I enjoyed the conversation, I feel better for having it and opening up more to KfW2 and I would like to have more on different subjects but I don't think that I learned anything about myself that I didn't already know... and I don't actually know if KfW2 did either.

I wasn't expecting miracles from the conversation, that KfW2 would get in touch with CB or MFF and sort everything out, for example (and I would never ask, either), but I had hoped that KfW2 might perhaps know me a bit better. While she's now got a few more details about me, it was only really fine tuning what she already knew from what we've previously talked about.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...