Sunday, July 22, 2012

There goes my weekend...

While I was out with DSC yesterday, my boss rang to tell me that he thought I should have been in work. This was news to me as I had plenty of plans for the day. It turns out that our client had a communications failure and that there was an assumption made that we would be in the office today to help move a project along. If the client had asked, I would have refused because I had already made arrangements, but I said to my boss that if needs be, I'd go in later today for a while to mop up some outstanding stuff.

Well, I regretted that as, hours later, he gave me a call to say that he would appreciate it if I could go in. Of course, I said that I would... and I will. I plan on heading in for a few hours at most, do a bit of investigation and get out again. This week hasn't been fun because of this particular project and client, so all pf my time out of the office has to be utilised for my own relaxation, enjoyment and leisure. Additionally, I may be slightly tipsy right about now, so I will not be in great form when I wake up and my mental sharpness isn't going to be strong, so I will do what I can, then get out.

Ultimately, I'll look good by even doing the bare minimum as the client will appreciate us going into the office on a Sunday. What I will be interested in seeing is exactly how much the client appreciates that effort.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...