Monday, July 16, 2012

Keep on running.

A few years ago, me and a group of mates travelled to Dublin to do a 10km run for charity. It was all done for a good cause and then we went on a horrendous bender afterwards that left me incapable of anything for days. I think I even took a few days off work due to what was borderline alcohol poisoning and a severe pain in the lower legs that meant I was incapable of walking any more than half a dozen steps.

Arriving in work today saw an email from G suggesting we do the same thing. I signed up immediately even though I'm injured (again). As a previous post suggests, I think my body's just given up as I appear to have a problem with my achilles (not the one that I got fixed last year). If I'm still having issues next week, I'm going to take a trip to my GP to see what the issue is, because I would like to do the run, I would like to do it in a decent time and I would like to be fit enough to do it without feeling like I am going to die.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...