Sunday, July 03, 2011

Being frank.

Spent an afternoon in the sun, drinking with DSC. Great fun and we both took the opportunity to tell some home truths to each other... in a good way, of course. I mentioned that she was forcing this thing with her ex-boyfriend (who's a clown by all account) and that I expect the so-called reconciliation to go tits up sooner rather than later because neither of the two of them have given each other the space they need during their break-up to sort their heads out. There's no denying that they can't work as a couple, but breaking up with someone, not seeing them for about a week, then going into fuck buddy status before trying to get back together isn't the way to go about these things... in my opinion. This will not end well, I predict.

On the flip side, DSC was warning me about my friendship with KfW2. There's no doubt that we're close and have some good chemistry, but there's nothing more to it than that. DSC is concerned about something, but I'm not entirely sure what. I did ask, but I'm not sure that DSC was able to put into words what her gut feeling was. I think it was something to do with the fact that when KfW2 and myself were out for a few drinks last week that someone from work asked KfW2 if we were married. Note, not dating or in a relationship, but actually married. This set off bells in DSC's head as this is not the first time she's heard something similar. DSC, I think, was more concerned about KfW2 might do rather than me, despite me explaining about KfW2's home life. There are so many reasons why KfW2 and I will not end up together that were explained to DSC, but still she felt the need to dish out a warning.

Fair enough. I can take the warning. I can disagree with DSC. In fact, I do! However, if DSC is concerned about KfW2 getting too attached, I can keep an eye out for that.

No comments:

Result!

A result! My new yoga mat has already arrived! Sadly, it doesn't come with a carry bag or strap as per the picture on Amazon, but still,...