Monday, December 21, 2009

Pondering time.

I have two pet hates about this time of the year... the first is being single. I think it's a horrendous time of the year to be single - even more so than St. Valentines Day. If there's ever a time of the year to be sharing things with someone else, it's now I think - pressies, meeting friends, finding some alone time

The second is that you should never spend New Year's Eve alone. This is different to the above in that you don't need to be dating/in a relationship, just that you're with friends or family (or, yes, loved ones). I've always preferred NYE as a holiday to Xmas, mostly because I'm not religious and I like the practical side of the whole New Year thing with resolutions, new goals, putting the bad parts of life behind you etc. Plus, if you're lucky, a nice mem ber of the opposite sex will give you a bit of a snog.

I thought this year was going to be a wash out in terms of New Year's Eve, but already there is a small chance that the crowd from work is having a party, which is just around the corner and would be great. I doubt there'll be too many more offers, but I hope this one bears fruit.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...