Friday, December 19, 2008

So here we are...

It was our work's Xmas bash last night and it was a really good night. I'm left, this morning, with a rather "meh" feeling to the whole thing. I'm off work for over two weeks, which is good, but I know I'm starting to fall in to my usual Xmas feeling, which is the hating of my current relationship status right now i.e. single, despite this year being quite good for me in that I met a couple of girls during my holiday earlier this year in addition to the much reported RB phase over the summer. I guess seeing a lot of the women from our firm get glammed up last night (and a lot of them really do scrub up well) which resulted in a bit of drink-related horn going on (which I'd never act on with a work colleague) which has evolved into my usual Xmas relationship mood.

Yesterday, SSCW told me that she was convinced that I would meet someone over the holiday period, which would be nice, I guess. Not incredibly likely, though!

I'm still waiting to hear from the nice girl about the flat, but I'm really pessimistic now. I'll drop her an email later today just to see what's happening, but my guess is that she's already told the successful new tenant and is ignoring everyone else that went to look at the place over the past three weeks. If that's the case, I won't be terribly amused by that!

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...