Monday, November 19, 2007

...and about time, too!

With my planned trip to see E next year, I had another look at my finances because, despite being quite good earlier in the year, I still had some outstanding loose ends.

I did switch bank account, but my old ones are still active with at least one direct debit still coming out and I still have three credit cards, with varying levels of debt on them (small, medium and large). However, I've swapped some money around and my old savings account is ready to close as I've transferred all my money out of it into my old current account. That's cleared the small overdraft I had and the remaining amount should pretty much clear the entire balance of the credit card with the medium balance on it. That should rid me of all my obligations to my old bank, meaning the only things I have to look at are the two remaining credit cards and my old student loan. The loan can wait a little as the credit cards do require a bit of attention... at the very least consolidation into one 0% credit card that'll help reduce that. The student loan can be deferred for another year while I beat a big hole into the credit cards.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...