Monday, April 09, 2007

Some stuff on E.

I was speaking to E last night on MSN. Poor thing has some kind of throat infection and is cooped up in bed over the Easter weekend. She was in good spirits despite that, though. I'd always assumed that people who were physically fit were less likely to become ill - fitness bolstering the immune system was my theory, but E seems to get sick quite a lot despite being very active. Back home, she did a lot of Thai boxing, played rugby and went to the gym. In NZ, she's going a lot of swimming and surfing and I think some gym work, too. She's seems to get sick fairly regularly though.

That's only an aside. She still seems happy and things seem to be going well for her. There's a possibility that she could be given a work permit that could prolong her stay out there and I think there could be a new bloke on the scene, though she said it was too early to tell. I'm not sure if that means they've already hooked up and she's looking to make it something more regular or if she's just met him once or twice and likes him, but hasn't yet made any moves. I think it might be the latter and she's still feeling out the situation.

Selfishly, I'm concerned about how that would have an effect on my (still in the planning stages) trip to NZ next year. Not so long ago, E suggested that we toured together when I went across. I'd love that. I'd certainly see a lot more by doing that than if I used E's place as a base and sorted myself out. So, my concern is that if this thing with E and the new bloke works out, that getting E away for a couple of weeks with just myself and her would probably not happen and I'm not a big fan of trailing around with a partner in tow. Not that I want it to be just E and myself, but it woould be good to get away, meet other people and have plenty of time to ourselves without worrying about a third party. We'll have to see what happens.

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...