Monday, April 09, 2007

more life sorting

I realised today that I have five, yes five, credit cards.

Before you gasp in amazement at my financial naivety/stupidity, only one of them has any real debt on it and I'm slowly clearing that up. A couple have a small amount on them that I should be able to clear up with a couple of payments and the other two have small, but positive balances on them.

My goal for this week is to close down the two cards with positive balances on them and amalgamate the other three balances into the least amount of monthly payments possible. Off the top of my head, I'd say that would be two: continue with my "big" card and chip away at my main debt through 0% offers (as I'm currently doing) and then merge the smaller cards into one and pay that off over the next three to four months.

By the summer, I'd like to be holding only one active card, though not actually using it. Just chipping away at the balance.

It's off to Money Saving Expert and Motley Fool to see what's on offer!

No comments:

Look and likey.

So, as a big-ish coincidence, guess who popped up in my Tinder feed today? No? Well, given recent posts on Tinder non-matches, it was the We...